Just a few more days. One more trip to EMS to return stuff I overbought--jacket and fleece are probably over kill. One more trip to pick up a journal, chapstick, garbage bag.  The garbage bag is to pack the backpack so it doesn't get damaged in t a sit. Apparently I'll wrap it with a lot of duct tape. That will keep the straps safe. This is what the nice man at Field and Stream told me.

I'm really going to do this. Thanks to my son in laws and my brother in law, Stewart I have the technology I'll need to stay in touch. Yay.

I'm excited for what is ahead. These two weeks of prep took an interesting turn. I made a quick trip to see Brkki and do a few things to help her get ready to move to Holden Village with Marcus. I started a stole for Marcus. We celebrated my father in laws 90th birthday. In traveling to PA, I revisited the church in which I was baptized and confirmed and saw some extended family for a few moments. All in all an emotional rollercoaster.

It seems that life is a constant state of change. We move. We get older. We achieve our dreams. We say hello and goodbye. We make our peace with what has been and prepare ourselves for what will be. I think I'm just about ready for the great unknown.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing .... I would like to add you to the prayers at St. Timothy if you are open to that ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are always appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog